Update (Aug. 2): Miami released more info on CanesFest. It will run from 5-7 p.m at the BankUnited Center. More info is here.
New this year: players will not be permitted to autograph any item other than the official poster UM will provide. UM hopes this will dissuade autograph hounds from showing up. Coaches and players will sign between 5:30 and 6:30.
See the original post below.
Football season is almost here. Really. It’s true.
For proof, look no further than my email inbox. Miami sent along notice that it will begin practice on Aug. 4. That’s 35 days from now.
Other key dates:
- CanesFest is Aug. 13 and will be held at BankUnited Center. The annual player meet-and-greet was at Greentree Practice Fields the last two years. It was last held inside the basketball arena in 2013. More details on that event in the coming weeks.
- Hurricanes players are expected to report on Aug. 3. Most of them are already on campus.
- Media day, when all players (including true freshmen) are typically made available to speak to reporters, is Aug. 8.
- Miami will invite military members to watch its practice on Aug. 11. Practices are typically closed to the public, and outside of a short viewing period, the media.
- The ACC Kickoff — the conference’s annual preseason media event, during which we speak with players and coaches and make predictions about the season that are sure to be wrong — is July 21-22 in Charlotte, N.C.