CORAL GABLES — Mark Richt addressed the media in advance of Arkansas State (3:30 p.m., ESPNU).
Some of what he said:
* In discussing Arkansas State, which nearly beat Nebraska in Lincoln last week, mentioned that he was “born in Omaha, and grew up a Nebraska fan.”
* Richt said he’ll meet with AD Blake James this afternoon to discuss Hurricane Irma plans. “Everything’s going to be predicated on player safety. … I don’t know the answer. … Right now everything’s on go.”
* Richt on his hurricane prep at home, which is located in Coconut Grove: “I have to call home and find out what’s up. But we’re 100, 200 yards from the water, so we’ll have to have some type of plan,” Richt said, keeping it light. “We all know how serious these storms can be.”
* Richt recalled staying with a teammate in Orlando during a hurricane during his playing days at UM. He couldn’t remember if they won or lost that week.
* Travis Homer, Richt said, “played very well.” He was “impressed with his runs, physicality, his decisiveness” and ball control. Homer is “in supreme condition,” Richt said.
* Ahmmon Richards did stretch and individual drills — UM is exercising caution with his pulled hamstring — and is “,much closer” to playing Saturday. Richt was otherwise noncommittal about him playing. “We weren’t flying,” Richt said. “He hasn’t been competitive speed.”